XI GUO AWS NWS NWWS
About the Artist
Xi Guo, Signature member of AWS (American Watercolor society), NWS (National Watercolor Society), and NWWS (Northwest Watercolor Society) , was born and grew up in Shanghai, China. She earned her BFA in oil painting from Shanghai Normal University. After she completed her graduate school at Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), majored in photography in 2014, Xi moved to St. Augustine, Florida.
Xi started to focus on painting with watercolor about eight years ago and became an international award-winning artist. Her articles and paintings have been featured in the International Artist Magazine, the Art of Watercolor Magazine and Watercolor Artists Magazine. Her paintings were included in the art-book, The Best of Watercolor- Splash 16 and Splash 20, published by North Light Books.
In 2015, Xi won a cash price at the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours’ 203rd Open Exhibition. In the same year, Xi won a major Award from Shenzhen International Watercolor Biennial. Xi’s paintings have been accepted by American Watercolor Society’s international exhibition 5 times since 2016. Moreover, Xi won merchandise awards and cash prices at the National Watercolor Society’s International Exhibition in 2016, 2017 and 2020. In 2018, Xi received Third Place at the Biennial International Prize “Marche d’Acqua”Fabriano Waterclour. Xi was also a top cash award winner at the National Watercolor Society's Annual Members Exhibition and Best in Show winner at the Florida Watercolor society’s 48th Exhibition in 2019. Recently, Xi received the Best Watercolor Award at the 15th International ARC Salon competition.
Cawah Arts Gallery in July 6, in Hong Kong, China
-National Watercolor Society’s 50 Stars Exhibition
-Monza in Acquarello 2020, Monza, Italy
-Blue Lake Heaven- Qingdao International, Qingdao, China
-The Inaugural Hong Kong International Waterclour 2019, Hong Kong
-Biennial International Prize "Marche d'Acqua" Fabriano Watercolour - Watercolour International
Contest, Fabriano, Italy Tangle - The Third Place
-WATERCOLOR INTERNATIONAL IV in Thessaloniki, Greece
-The Lake-Blue Heaven Qingdao International Spring Art Salon, Qing Dao, China.
-Taiwan International Exposition of Excelled Watercolor 2017, Taiwan
-WATERCOLOR INTERNATIONAL III in Thessaloniki, Greece
-The 1st Nanning China International Watercolor Invitational Exhibition, Nanning, China
-China Qingdao Youth Watercolor Artists International Exhibition, Qing Dao, China
-World Watercolor Triennale Korea 2015, Hangaram Art Gallery, Seoul, Korea
-The 1st Vietnam International Watercolor Society Exhibition, Hanoi, Vietnam
Selected Juried Exhibitions and Competitions
- 15th International ARC Salon competition, Best Watercolor Award
- American Watercolor Society, the 154th Annual International Exhibition
- National Watercolor Society, the 100th Annual International Exhibition- Henry &Fujiko Fukuhara Memorial Cash Award,
Blick Art Materials Merchandise Award, Kanuga Watermedia Workshops Award of Excellence.
-The Best of Watercolor -Splash 22, Third Place
- American Watercolor Society, 153rd Annual International Exhibition
- National Watercolor Society, Annual Members Exhibition- First Place, The Meg Huntingon Gajero Award
- Florida Watercolor Society, 48th Exhibition- Best In Show, The Susan Lattner Lioyd Gold Award
- American Watercolor Society, 152st Annual International Exhibition.
- National Watercolor Society, the 99th Annual International Exhibition
- American Watercolor Society’s 151st Annual International Exhibition. Altar
- National Watercolor Society's 98th Annual International Exhibition. Tangle No.4
- Florida Watercolor society's 47th Annual Exhibition. Tangle No.6
- National Watercolor Society's 97th Annual International Exhibition - Combined Donors Award. Tangle No.3
- San Diego Watercolor Society, the 36th International Exhibition- David Thayer Memorial AwardDavid Thayer Memorial Award. Woods
- The Artist's Magazine, Winner of All-Media Competition in the Watercolor and Gouache Category. The Last Sleep No.2
- Shenzhen International Watercolor Biennial-the Istanbul Excellence Award. The Last Sleep No.2
- China/National Watercolor Society (NWS) Small Watercolor Painting Art Exchange Exhibition 2015-2016. Veil
- Royal Institute of Painter in Water Colours in England, The 203rd Open Exhibition -The Shenzhen International Watercolor
- Northwest Watercolor Society, 75th International Open Exhibition. Gaze
- Watercolor Art Society_ Houston, the 38th International exhibition. Decay
- Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour, Open Water 89th Annual Open International Juried Exhibition- Salis
International Inc. – Dr. Ph. Martin’s Award Lilith
- North East Watercolor Society 38t Annual International Juried Exhibition 2014. A Living Room with Sunshine
- Watercolor Art Society-Houston, 37th international exhibition. Dreaming of Butterfly, No. 1
- Foothills Art Center, 40th Annual Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Exhibition. Dreaming of Butterfly, No.1
- St. Augustine Art Association, Nature and Wildlife Show, Awards Judge
- Beaufort Art Association, 57th Annual Spring Show, Awards Judge